Foodservice Equipment and Supplies has named Braiden Dining Center at Colorado State University in Ft. Collins, Colo., its 2011 Facility Design Project of the Year. FE&S will recognize the design team for this project during its 2011 Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala, which takes place May 21 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Chicago.
In addition, FE&S announced that Table 31 Plaza Steakhouse and Italian Cafe in Philadelphia and Vince Carter's in Daytona Beach, Fla., both received an honorable mention from the competition judges.
"Colorado State's $3.8 million renovation of its Braiden Dining Center confirms the university's commitment to sustainable foodservice practices," said FE&S editor Joe Carbonara. "Our judges were impressed by the fact that this project includes all the elements of good solid design: excellent production flow; good use of existing equipment and the prudent introduction of new items; and sensible cost-effective solutions to operational issues and sustainable practices."
Here are some of the key players from the Braiden Dining Center design team:
- Owner: Colorado State University
- Key Officer: Jim Dolak, executive director, Palmer Center
- Director of Residential Dining Services: Deon Lategan
- Chefs: Cynthia Lategan, senior executive chef; Karl Bendix, executive chef
- Interior Design: Ricca Newmark Design, Greenwood Village, Colo.; Brenda Amsberry, project designer
- Architect: Architecture Plus; Tom Kalert, Ft. Collins, Colo.
- Kitchen Consultants: Ricca Newmark Design, Greenwood Village, Colo.; Thomas Ricca, FFCSI, partner; Lona Homersham, project director
- Equipment Dealer: W. West Equipment and Furnishings, Denver
- Construction: Kohn Construction, Ft. Collins, Colo.
The Facility Design Project of the Year is sponsored by Eagle Group.
FE&S is able to present its 2011 Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala thanks to the generous support of its three platinum sponsors: Manitowoc Foodservice, True and Unified Brands.
FE&S' Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards gala recognizes the foodservice community's brightest stars by presenting them with some of the industry's most time-honored awards. Held each year on the Saturday of the National Restaurant Association's trade show in Chicago, this event brings together the best of the best to celebrate the ongoing success of the foodservice industry. Other awards to be presented the evening of May 21 include: FE&S' Top Achievers, Facility Design Project of the Year and DSR of the Year.