The National Restaurant Association and the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) today named their 2023 board officers and directors.
Scott Redler, co-founder of Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, will serve as chair of the National Restaurant Association Board of Directors, and James Fripp, chief equity, inclusion and belonging officer for Yum! Brands, Inc., will serve as chair of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) Board of Trustees.
Jeff Lobdell, president and founder of Restaurant Partners Management and Richard Schneider, chief operating officer of Areas USA, will round out the NRA’s board leadership by serving as vice and treasurer.
Other NRAEF officers include Shaun Beard, senior vice president of SAVOR Hospitality, and Bill Kohl, principal of Greenwood Hospitality Group, who will serve one-year terms as vice chair and treasurer.
The National Restaurant Association also added several new members to the board. The newly elected directors include:
- Damola Adamolekun, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
- Anthony Anton, Washington Hospitality Association
- Greg Cook, Ecolab
- Steve Danon, Restaurant Brands International
- Tiffany Derry, T2D Concepts
- Matt Johnson, Barley’s
- Juan Martinez, Martinez Hospitality
- Roni Mazumdar, Unapologetic Foods
- Aileen Reilly, Beast + Bottle Group
- Peter Sclafani, Making Raving Fans Hospitality Group
- Kevin Spratt, Rich Products
- Joshua Suggs, Delta's Restaurant
- John Tallichet, Specialty Restaurants Corporation
In addition to naming its new board officers, the NRAEF introduced five new members to its board trustees. They include:
- Louis Basile, Wildflower Bread Company
- Greg Cocchiarella, Ecolab
- Sarah Daulton Oates, Alaska Cabaret, Hotel, Restaurant & Retailers Association
- Mark Erickson, The Culinary Institute of America
- Neil Sudaisar, DIRECTV