The Foodservice Equipment Distributors Association recognized the “achievements of its distributor and manufacturer members” with the organization’s annual Gold Awards program. FEDA also updated its board of directors, which included the introduction of Dave Stafford as chairman of the board.
Following are the 2022 FEDA Gold Awards winners:
- Spirit of Giving: Burkett Restaurant Equipment & Supplies. This award recognizes a company that has “demonstrated exceptional kindness and support for others through community service.”
- Model Workplace: Boston Showcase and RATIONAL Cooking Equipment. This award recognizes companies with a “workplace culture that attracts and retains talent and develops future industry leaders.”
- Extraordinary Service: Alto-Shaam. This award goes to a “manufacturer whose customer-service program provides an extraordinary experience for operators, suppliers or dealers, and service reps and has contributed to the company’s success.”
- Champion for Young Professionals: Chef’s Deal and Vollrath. Presented to companies “whose model leadership and achievements have promoted the attraction and retention of talented young professionals.”
- Ascending Young Industry Leader: Nayeli Aceves, Zepole Supply Co.; Jesse Rincon, TriMark USA; Anthony Parker, Continental Refrigerator and Lindsay Komsa, Krowne. This award goes to professionals 21 to 33 years old “who have demonstrated growth in leadership ability in innovation; project management; professional or employee development; or community impact.”
- Accomplished Young Industry Leader: Charley Bible, KaTom; Andrew Carroll, BS&R Design & Supplies; Josh Cohen, TriMark USA; Michael DeSatnik, The Dean Supply Company; Gina Patterson, TriMark USA; Andy Starr, Boston Showcase; Cindy Cervantes, Hatco Corporation and Stephanie Luros-Gilbert, BSI/Foodservice Holdings. This award goes to foodservice professionals 34 to 46 years old “who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and accomplishments in innovative company initiatives; research; product, services or systems development; employee development; or other unique accomplishments that have contributed to the company’s success.”
Concept Services transitioned to immediate past chairman of the board. Replacing Keck as FEDA board chairman is Dave Stafford of Stafford-Smith. Marc Tell of Sam Tell Companies became FEDA vice chairman and Tom Wienclaw of TriMark USA was named FEDA’s secretary and treasurer.In addition, FEDA announced updates to its board of directors. Michael Keck of
The following individuals transitioned off FEDA’s board of directors: Eric Ellingson of Bargreen Ellingson, Mason Greene of Hotel & Restaurant Supply and Ben Whitlock of Mobile Fixture & Equipment Co.