The Association for Healthcare Foodservice recognized the accomplishments and contributions of some of its members and vendor partners with a series of annual awards.
Other awards presented by AHF include:
- Future Horizon Award: Alicia Preston, Rogue Valley Manor
- Spotlight Award: Erica Block, Rush University Medical Center
- Exemplary Leadership Award: Angela O'Neill, Hunterdon Medical Center
- Partnership in Leadership Award: Seth Grant, Eskenazi Health
- Sustainability Award: Gina Sadowski, Seattle Children's Hospital
- Chapter of the Year Award: New Jersey, Angela O'Neill, president
- Benchmarking Award: Heather Duffy, JFK Medical Center
During its annual conference, which took place Aug. 23-26 in Dallas, AHF hosted its annual culinary competition, which drew five teams from different parts of the country. Winning the gold medal in this competition were David Brue, Derrick Claprood, and Amy Patton of Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. They earned this recognition for their dish of blackened redfish with a crispy brown rice cake.