The National Restaurant Association and SmartBrief introduced the 20 recipients of the inaugural Innovation Awards for Foodservice. The honorees represent innovative new or updated products and services that exemplify adaptability and resilience in three categories: sustainability, technology, and safety and health. This year’s winners include innovations developed by foodservice operators, equipment and supplies manufacturers and others.
Notable from a foodservice equipment and supplies perspective, the Innovation Awards for Foodservice includes cooking technology, water-conserving solutions, wearable technologies, serving products and more.
A panel of judges composed of restaurant industry executives, association experts, and SmartBrief editors, evaluated each entrant on uniqueness in the market, ability to solve a problem, and suitability for use. Following is a list of award recipients as well as a link to the winner’s websites provided by the National Restaurant Association and SmartBrief:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill: Real Foodprint
- EZ-Flo Technologies: EZ-Flo Sauce Dispensing System
- PepsiCo: SodaStream Professional
- T&S Brass: T&S WaterWatch
- White Tiger Organic Solutions: White Tiger Fridge Doctor
- WinCup: phade Straws
- Alto-Shaam, Inc.: Vector Multi-Cook Ovens
- Coca-Cola Freestyle Equipment Innovation Center: Coca-Cola Freestyle Contactless Pour
- Dexai Robotics: Alfred Sous-Chef
- GET Group NA: GET Mobile Verify
- MySingleLink: MSL Smart Lockers (Drive-Thru, Store-Front & In-Store)
- NSF EyeSucceed: NSF EyeSucceed Wearable Technology Solutions
- Perfect Company: Perfect Kitchen Workflow
- Perfect Company: Perfect Pickup
- UBIR Technology: UBIR Service
Safety and Health Solutions
- CASPR GROUP: CASPR Pro-Induct Unit
- Georgia-Pacific: GP PRO Automated Sealing Machine
- Optimatx: Automated Restaurant Monitoring Device A.R.M.D.
- Server Products: Touchless Express Dispensers
- Worcester Industrial Products/ The Shortening Shuttle: SS-645 'Mini Pump' Simplicity Series Shortening Shuttle