Foodservice Equipment & Supplies named Peterson Dining Hall at Camp Southern Ground the recipient of its 2020 Facility Design Project of the Year Award.
2020 Dealer of the Year and All Industry Awards Gala, which will take place May 16 at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.FE&S will recognize the Jefferson Marketplace design team for its efforts during the magazine’s
“This is one of those instances where the whole is significantly greater than the sum of its parts,” says Joseph Carbonara, FE&S’ editorial director. “Peterson Dining Hall combines design excellence with a thoughtfully detailed equipment package to help create a carefully curated foodservice experience that proves to be a game changer to support those participating in the programming at Camp Southern Ground.”
In addition, FE&S’ judges recognized the efforts of the team from Montana State University’s Rendezvous Dining Pavilion with an honorable mention in this year’s competition. “This is another best-in-class foodservice design project,” Carbonara notes, because it features great flow of food from dock to dining, innovative placement of food stations and strong sustainability attributes including the elimination of single-use plastic items. There’s plenty the industry can learn from the work done on Montana State’s Rendezvous Dining Pavilion.”
Key members of The Peterson Dining Hall project team include:
- Founder and chairman: Zac Brown, Zac Brown Band
- President and CEO: Mike Dobbs
- Executive chef: Collins Woods
- Foodservice director: Jonathan Walker
- Chef de cuisine: Chris Hudson
- Sous chef: Cherita Cunningham
- Banquet captains: Hannah Matthers, Julia Clark and Isaiah Harris
- Architect: Perkins & Will, Atlanta studio: Chris Sciarrone, architect, and Jared Serwer, AIA, NOMA, LEED AP BD+C, senior project designer, senior associate
- Foodservice design and consultant: Camacho, Norcross, Ga.: James Camacho, FCSI, CSI, CDT, president; Anja Kuechenmeister, FCSI, senior associate, marketing director of business development; Bhagita Rowe, specification writer; Alan Clay, quality assurance review
- Equipment dealer: Atlanta Fixture, a division of Edward Don & Co., Atlanta; Willie Stroud, sales engineer
- Engineers: Uzun + Case, Atlanta, and Integral Group, Atlanta
- Construction: DPR, Redwood City, Calif., and Washington, D.C., and Structor Group, Atlanta
- Contributors: Financial donations come from corporations and individuals
The 2020 Facility Design Project of the Year Award was selected by a panel of judges including: Bill Davis of Edward Don & Company, Stuart Davis of Next Step Design, Beth Kuczera of Equipment Dynamics Inc. and Chris Wair of Reitano Design Group.
FE&S’ Dealer of the Year and All Industry Awards Gala recognizes the foodservice community’s brightest stars by presenting them with some of the industry’s most time-honored awards. Held each year on the Saturday of the National Restaurant Association’s trade show in Chicago, this event brings together the best of the best to celebrate the ongoing success of the foodservice industry.
FE&S is able to present its 2020 Dealer of the Year and All Industry Awards Gala thanks to the generous support of its three platinum sponsors: Ali Group, True Refrigeration and Welbilt.