Meet the eight foodservice operators named recipients of the 2020 IFMA Silver Plate Award.
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept: Joe Essa, president and CEO, Thomas Keller Restaurant Group
- Chain Full Service: Phil Hickey, chairman, Miller's Ale House Restaurants
- Chain Limited Service: Scott Redler, COO/co-founder, Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
- Healthcare: Eric Eisenberg, director of dining services, Rogue Valley Manor (Hear Eisenberg speak on FE&S’ Operator Roundtable webcast.)
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Bertrand Weber, director, Culinary & Wellness Services, Minneapolis Public Schools
- Colleges & Universities: Zia Ahmed, senior director of dining services, The Ohio State University
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Victoria Vega, senior vice president, Specialty Group, Unidine Corporation
- Retail & Specialty: Brandon Chrostowski, founder/president/CEO, EDWINS Leadership & Restaurant Institute
IFMA members and industry leaders nominate operators and a jury including national trade press, foodservice experts and past Gold & Silver Plate award winners select the Silver Plate Award recipients. From the Silver Plate winners, one is chosen by the jury to receive IFMA's Gold Plate Award.