The Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management recognized a collection of its members for their efforts in going “above and beyond to serve the association and better the industry.”
Tom Newcomb, Corporate Dining Inc., was the recipient of the Robert Pacifico Award. Given to an associate member in recognition of extended, exemplary and dedicated service to the Society, his or her community, and the corporate foodservice and workplace hospitality industry.
Linda Femling, Google, and Rob Gordon, American Express, both received the SHFM President’s Award. Chosen by the SHFM president to honor an individual who has been instrumental in the career of the president, assisted the president throughout his or her term or has served the organization as a whole and dedicated his or her time to betterment of SHFM.
Other awards presented by SHFM include:
- Community Service Award: Posthumously awarded to Jay B. Silverstein, honoring the Silverstein family. Given to the SHFM Member that has gone above and beyond to help support the corporate foodservice and workplace hospitality industry, as well as their local community.
- Spirit Award: Russ Benson, DayOne Hospitality Consulting Presented to an individual who consistently demonstrates the qualities of loyalty, dedication and enthusiasm for SHFM.
- Rising Young Professional: Rob Yayac, Ararmark LifeWorks Restaurant Group Recognizes an emerging individual who has been a standout among SHFM’s newest members.
- Leadership Award: Guido Boers, Feddie Mac Recognizing an individual whose work on behalf of SHFM and the corporate foodservice and workplace hospitality industry has resulted in the demonstration of outstanding leadership qualities.
- Richard Ysmael Distinguished Service Award: Rick Postiglione, Compass Group Given in memory of a SHFM founding member, this award reflects how Ysmael lived and delivered his philosophy of life in the best and most challenging moments of his career and personal life.
- Jay B. Silverstein Lifetime Achievement Award: Betsy Kline, Aramark Recognizing a lifetime of contributions and service to the corporate foodservice and workplace hospitality industry.