The National Restaurant Association and its Educational Foundation announced their new slates of board officers and directors. Joe Essa, president and CEO of Wolfgang Puck Worldwide Inc., will serve as chair of the National Restaurant Association, and Geoff Hill, managing director of Roark Capital Group, will serve as chair of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation.
Other officers for the National Restaurant Association’s Board of directors include Melvin Rodrigue, president and CEO of Galatoire’s Restaurants serving as the vice chair and Brian E. Casey, president of Oak Hill Tavern and the Company Picnic Company, serving as treasurer.
Foundation officers supporting include Stan Harris, president and CEO of the Louisiana Restaurant Association, serving as vice chair, and Susan Adzick, senior vice president of sales and strategic relationships at McLane Foodservice Inc., serving as treasurer.
Each of the officers will serve out a one-year term.
The National Restaurant Association also added several new members to the board. The newly elected directors include:
- Brad Anderson, president of Anderson Management Group, Billings, Mont.
- Jean-Marie Clement, vice president of food and beverage, Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
- John Teza, director of NRD Capital Management, Atlanta
- Jett Mehta, president and CEO of Indus Hospitality Group, Rochester, N.Y.
- Don Balfour, vice president of Waffle House Inc., Norcross, Ga.
- John Cywinski, president of Applebee's Grill & Bar, Glendale, Calif.
- Dan Rowe, CEO of Fransmart, Alexandria, Va.
In addition to naming its new board officers, the Educational Foundation also introduced its new board members. They include:
- Brett Ladd, CEO of Sodexo Government, Gaithersburg, Md.
- Derek Small, director of culinary training for Troop Cafe, Milwaukee
- Joel Neuman, vice president of legal and industry affairs, Coca-Cola Foodservice, Atlanta
- Greg Barber, vice president of global business development, PepsiCo, White Plains, N.Y.
- James Fripp, chief diversity and inclusion officer for Yum! Brands Inc., Plano, Texas