Chefs and restaurateurs recognized for their excellence and achievement in the culinary world.
The James Beard Foundation announced the recipients of its 2014 awards, which recognize culinary professionals for excellence and achievement in their fields and further the Foundation’s mission to celebrate, nurture and honor America’s diverse culinary heritage through programs that educate and inspire.
The 2014 James Beard Foundation Awards include:
- Outstanding Chef:Nancy Silverton, Pizzeria Mozza, Los Angeles
- Outstanding Restaurant:The Slanted Door, San Francisco
- Outstanding Pastry Chef:Dominique Ansel, Dominique Ansel Bakery, New York City
- Outstanding Restaurateur:Barbara Lynch, Barbara Lynch Gruppo (No. 9 Park, Menton, B&G Oysters, and others), Boston
- Rising Star Chefs:Jimmy Bannos Jr., The Purple Pig, Chicago, and Blaine Wetzel, The Willows Inn on Lummi Island, Lummi Island, Wash.
- Best New Restaurant:Pêche Seafood Grill, New Orleans
In addition, the James Beard Foundation presented a lifetime achievement award to New York City restaurateur Sirio Maccioni and named Matt Haley, a chef, restaurateur and philanthropist in Delaware, its 2014 Humanitarian of the Year.
For additional information about the2014 James Beard Foundation Award winners click here.