Annual gathering of foodservice equipment and supplies dealers will focus on the vision and courage to create your own profitable future.
The Foodservice Equipment Distributors Association will host its annual convention April 3-7 at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill and Country Resort in San Antonio. In advance of this event, during which the association will celebrate its 80th anniversary, FEDA has released a series of details about the educational programming aimed at foodservice equipment and supplies dealerships.
Following are the general session presentations:
- Abundance Is Our Future: Keynote speaker Peter Diamandis, the CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation, will discuss why he believes the future is going to be much better than naysayers think and "abundance for all is actually within our grasp."
- Know More! Reputations: Sales intelligence leader Sam Richter will teach attendees how to enhance their personal brand and manage their online presence, including Google rankings.
- Uncommon Valor: Closing speaker Sal Giunta, a veteran of the war in Afghanistan and a recipient of the Medal of Honor, will share some of his experience and speak about the importance of teamwork, service before self, and leadership in the face of overwhelming circumstances.
- All-Industry Trends Think Tank: Distribution expert Mike Workman, professor emeritus at Texas A&M University, will ask the tough questions as he leads distributors, suppliers and other channel partners in individual roundtable discussions.
Other presentations planned for the FEDA Convention, include:
- Facing the Forces of Change
- Profitability Targets – Dialogue and Smart Tips
- Know More! Selling
FEDA will also offer its Best Practices Dealer roundtable discussions. Following is a list of the discussions and scheduled moderators:
- AIA and Other Contracts moderated by LeGrande Steenblik of Restaurant & Store Equipment Co.
- AutoQuotes 360 moderated by Michael Greenwald of AutoQuotes.
- Cash & Carry Business Model moderated by Norma Gustafson of Ace Mart Restaurant Supply.
- Customer Relationship Centers/CRM (For Companies over $25 Million) moderated by Patricia Bible of B&B Equipment & Supply, Inc.
- E-Commerce Sales moderated by Brad Pierce of Restaurant Equipment World.
- Hiring Great Salespeople moderated by Patrice Hagan of R.W. Smith Co.
- Project Management & Job Costing moderated by Paul Parr of Hockenbergs.
- Sales Commissions & Bonus Programs (For Companies under $50 Million), moderated by Greg Alack of Alack efrigeration Co., Inc.
- Sales Force Automation moderated by David Ellingson of Bargreen Ellingson, Inc.
- Social Media Marketing moderated by Sallie Lewis of Mission Restaurant Supply.
- Showroom and Internet Fraud moderated by Jay Ringelheim of Globe Equipment Co.
- What Makes for a Great Manufacturer Relationship? moderated by Joe Schmitt of Rapids Wholesale Equipment
In addition, during its annual members' meeting, FEDA will host a panel discussion with three industry veterans: Paul Ellingson, Bargreen-Ellingson; Tom Schrack Sr., Hockenbergs; and David J. Stafford, Stafford-Smith. During this presentation, they will address such subjects as: What are the significant challenges they believe we face as an industry? How did they shield their company from outside forces threatening growth and profitability? What questions do you have for them?
Joe Schmitt of Rapids Wholesale Equipment is the chair of the 2013 FEDA Convention and Jack Lewis of Mission Restaurant Supply serves as assistant chair.
For additional information about the 2013 FEDA Convention, please call (800) 677-9605.