Five culinary teams from the healthcare industry will compete in the Association for Healthcare Foodservice’s tenth annual culinary competition.
The August 7 event will feature culinary teams from healthcare foodservice facilities in Virginia, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Indiana and Tennessee. These teams were chosen from a pool of 28 team submissions.
Here are the five teams that will participate in this year’s competition:
- Alan Hudalla and Sarah Martz, Cuyuna Regional Medical Center & Heartwood Senior Living (Crosby, Minn.)
- Richard Farmer, CEC, and Michael Vetro, CEC, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, Tenn.)
- Benjamin Robinett, CCC, and Vanessa Tiger, Norman Regional Health System (Norman, Okla.)
- Kris Ankeny and Dugan Wetzel, Reid Health (Richmond, Ind.)
- Jon Smith and Timothy Schoonmaker, CEC, Centra Lynchburg General Hospital (Lynchburg, Va.)
These teams and their dishes will be judged on organization, culinary skills, taste and presentation. The top three winners will receive prizes and medals.
Those judging the 2019 AHF Culinary Competition include: