First Place: Palm Health, St. Louis
Photos courtesy of Crystall Miller of Ford Hotel Supply Co.
Specifying Team: Matt Bauer, Sales Rep., Ford Hotel Supply Co.; Carrie Bellon, Sales Rep., American Metalcraft, Stellhorn Marketing; Bryan M. Kuchar, Café Manager, Palm Health; Misty Mitra, Market Segment Specialist, Aardvark; Lauren Munsch-Dal Fara, MD Founder and CEO, Palm Health; Brenda Neumann, Sales Rep., Hoffmaster, Premium Packaging Group; Sandi Parsons, Sales Rep., Elite Global & Browne, Central Marketing; Kathryn Stang, Foodservice District Manager, Libbey & World Tableware and Members of the Café Acquisition Committee, Palm Health
- China: Elite Global (Greenovations Series)
- Glassware: Libbey (Masters Reserve – Modernist Series)
- Flatware: World Tableware (Cimarron)
- Accessories: Aardvark, American Metalcraft, Browne, and Hoffmaster
Why It Won: This tabletop is extremely thoughtful. The specifying team talked about wanting to contribute to the facility's calming presence and they achieved that. All of the items tie together nicely with the wood tables to create a very comfortable experience. The brushed flatware really contributes to the overall aesthetic.
Honorable Mention: Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber, The Crossings, Columbus, Ohio
Photo courtesy of Brandon Jones
Specifying Team: Steven Hayes, Executive Chef; Kari Kessel-White, Assistant Director of Culinary and Nutritional Services; Jason Koprivich, Director of Culinary; Hollie Fetherolf, Dining Room Manager; Joan Payne, DSR, The Wasserstrom Company; Doug Binzel, Sales Manager, The Wasserstrom Company
- China: Syracuse (Schonwald), World Tableware, Hall China
- Flatware: World Tableware (Windsor Grandeur)
- Glassware: Libbey (Zombie, Perception)
- Accessories: American Metalcraft, Service Ideas, Tablecraft, Update International
Worth Mentioning: This tabletop makes good use of very clean shapes, which creates a very geometric visual. The metal and china elements work well together. This tabletop achieves its goal of being a very contemporary place setting.