TriMark's Taylor accepts his award in front of a capacity crowd at FE&S' Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala.
Foodservice Equipment & Supplies named Scott Taylor of TriMark United East in South Attleboro, Mass, the magazine's 2011 Dealer Sales Rep of the Year. The announcement was made in front of the hundreds of foodservice professionals that attended FE&S' sold out Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala, which took place May 21 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Chicago.
Taylor joined TriMark more than 12 years ago, but his foodservice career started many years ago as a dishwasher. Like many others in the foodservice industry, Taylor worked his way up the ranks, becoming a restaurant director for a couple of major hotel chains before joining TGI Friday's as a smallwares buyer.
"Scott has been able to translate his product knowledge and willingness to go above and beyond for his customers into a book of business that would make most any dealer sales rep proud," said FE&S publisher Maureen Slocum. "Scott diligently works his territory to the benefit of both his company and his customers."
Other awards presented during FE&S' Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala included:
- Dealer of the Year: R.W. Smith & Co.
- Hall of Fame: Tom Schrack Sr. of Hockenbergs
- Facility Design Project of the Year: Braiden Dining Center at Colorado State University
- Top Achiever – Dealer: Howard Margulies, United Restaurant Equipment
- Top Achiever – Consultant: Douglas Huber and Lawrence Huber, Foodservice Consultants Studio
- Top Achiever – Service Agent: Dan Farmer, Commercial Parts and Service
- Top Achiever – Rep: Danny Collis, The Collis Group
FE&S' Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards gala recognizes the foodservice community's brightest stars by presenting them with some of the industry's most time-honoured awards. Held each year on the Saturday of the National Restaurant Association's trade show in Chicago, this event brings together the best of the best to celebrate the ongoing success of the foodservice industry.