Lance Trenary, president and CEO of Golden Corral was named the 2022 Gold Plate Award recipient by the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association.
Trenary has been the President and CEO of Golden Corral Corporation since 2015. He has been a part of Golden Corral for 35 years and has held various leadership roles within the company. Golden Corral has annual revenues of $2 billion. The chain has 35,000 employees and 500 restaurants across 42 states.
“I work with the most phenomenal team in the industry,” said Trenary. “And this award is for them. The last two years have been so difficult. To have enjoyed the turnaround that we have had has been everything.”
Trenerary was one of seven foodservice professionals to receive IFMA’s 2022 Silver Plate Award. From those seven Silver Plate Award recipients, one is selected to receive the Gold Plate Award. The remaining 2022 Silver Plate recipients include:
- Independent Restaurant/Multi-Concept: Sammy Gianopoulos, co-owner and executive chef, Crisp Hospitality Group
- Chain Limited Service: Frances Allen, president and CEO, Checkers & Rally’s Drive-In Restaurants
- Healthcare: Cheryl Shimmin, executive director of culinary and nutrition care, Kettering Health
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Alyssia L. Wright, Ed.S., executive director of school nutrition, Fulton County Schools
- Colleges & Universities: Andre Mallie, assistant vice president, University of San Diego
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Paco Rodriguez and Tina Rodriguez, founders, SAGE Dining Services
IFMA's annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards honor foodservice operators from nine industry segments. IFMA members and industry leaders nominate operators to receive the Silver Plate award who are then selected by a jury including national trade press, foodservice experts and past Gold & Silver Plate award winners.