The Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management announced the five members of its first-ever class for the Julie Flik Rising Star Continuation Program. This program honors the memory of SHFM Past President Julie Flik.
The Julie Flik Program allows individual members who have timed out of the organization’s Rising Star program to continue their involvement in SHFM. Qualifications include participation as a Rising Star for three consecutive years and still being a young professional, 39 and younger. SHFM will ask the members of the Julie Flik Rising Star Continuation Program to serve as mentors for the members of its Rising Stars program, participate in an SHFM committee or task force, assist in planning the organization’s Young Professional Summit and participate in an annual project on behalf of SHFM.
SHFM’s 2020-21 Julie Flik Rising Star Continuation Class includes:
- Amy Bendekovits, operational excellence manager, Unidine Corporation
- Amanda Beni, director of client services, HMG+
- Katie DeSimone, national director, catering and conference services, Compass Group
- Christiana Williams, nutrition and wellness director, Eurest
- Emily Wunder, regional wellness director, Eurest