The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association announced the eight recipients of its 2017 Silver Plate Awards.
2017 Silver Plate winners by category:
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept: Wolfgang Puck, Chef/Owner, Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group
- Chain Full Service: G.J. Hart, Executive Chairman & CEO, California Pizza Kitchen
- Chain Limited Service: Chris Newcomb, Co-founder, President & CEO, Newk’s Eatery
- Health Care: Patti Oliver, Director of Nutrition, UCLA Health
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Betti Wiggins, Executive Director, Office of School Nutrition, Detroit Public Schools
- Colleges & Universities: Ted Faulkner, Director of Dining Services, Virginia Tech
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Jeff Metz, President & CEO, Metz Culinary Management
- Retail & Specialty Foodservice: Chris Gheysens, President & CEO, Wawa Inc.
Silver Plate winners are nominated by IFMA members and industry leaders, then selected by a distinguished jury including national trade press, foodservice experts and past Gold and Silver Plate award winners. From the Silver Plate winners, one is chosen by the jury to receive IFMA’s Gold Plate Award, revealed at the Gold & Silver Plate dinner celebration in May.