The National Restaurant Association and the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation announced the election results for its Board of Directors and Board of Trustees, respectively. Jeff Davis will serve as chair of the NRA board, and Greg Hamer will serve as chair of the NRAEF board.
Here’s an overview of the officers elected to serve on the National Restaurant Association’s Board of Directors:
- Chair: Jeff Davis, chairman of Tulsa, Okla.-based United States Beef Corporation, a franchisee of Arby’s Restaurant Group and Taco Bueno Restaurants
- Vice Chair: Jay Stieber, executive vice president and general counsel of Chicago-based Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises Inc.
- Treasurer: Joe Essa, president and CEO of Wolfgang Puck Worldwide
In addition, the NRA added eight newly elected members to its board:
- Horace Dawson, executive vice president, external relations & general counsel, Red Lobster
- Jeff Geller, executive vice president, Palo Alto Inc.
- Perry Miele, president, Nestlé Professional North America
- Larry Oberkfell, president & CEO, International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA)
- Richard Schneider, COO, Delaware North Sportservice
- Beth Scott, vice president, food & beverage experience planning & integration, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Rick Silva, president & CEO, Checkers & Rally’s Restaurants Inc.
- Lance Trenary, president & CEO, Golden Corral Corporation
The National Restaurant Association Education Foundation introduced the following individuals as officers on its board of directors:
- Chair: Greg Hamer Sr., FMP, owner of B&G Food Enterprises Inc.
- Vice Chair: Sam Facchini, co-founder/co-owner of Metro Pizza chain.
- Treasurer: Geoff Hill, principal of Roark Capital Group.
The NRAEF also elected five new trustees to its board:
- Doug Allison, industry relations, PepsiCo Foodservice
- Shaun Beard, senior vice president, SAVOR/Premier
- Jessica Dunker, president/CEO, Iowa Restaurant Association
- John Eastman, co-chair of Auto-Chlor Services LLC
- Marilou Halvorsen, president & CEO, New Jersey Restaurant Association and Hospitality Association