The National Restaurant Association (NRA) and the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) announced the results from its Board of Directors and Board of Trustees elections. In addition, the NRA and NRAEF announced several industry leaders have joined their boards.
As previously announced, Jack Crawford, president and CEO for the Ground Round Independent Owners Cooperative, will serve as chair of the National Restaurant Association. Joseph Kadow, executive vice president and chief legal officer, and a member of the executive leadership team for Bloomin’ Brands, Inc., will serve as the association’s vice chair. Finally, Jeff Davis, chairman of the United States Beef Corporation, will serve as treasurer for the National Restaurant Association.
As the philanthropic foundation of the National Restaurant Association, the NRAEF works to enhance the industry’s service to the public through education, promotion of career opportunities, and community engagement. The NRAEF’s 2015 officers are:
- Chair: Michael Hickey, executive vice president and president, Global Institutional, Ecolab, Inc.
- Vice Chair: Lorna Donatone, president and chief operating officer, Sodexo Education
- Treasurer:Greg Hamer, Sr., FMP, managing member of B & G Food Enterprises, LLC.
In addition, the NRA elected the following individuals to serve on its board:
- Vic Allred, owner of Jazz, A Louisiana Kitchen
- Karen Bremer, executive director, Georgia Restaurant Association
- Miguel Fernandez, president/COO, Groupe LeDuff, Latin America Division
- Melvin Rodrigue, president and CEO, Galatoire’s Restaurants
- Chris Savvides, owner, Black Angus Restaurant
- Mary Schell, senior vice president, external and government relations, The Wendy’s Company
- Kent Walrack, president and COO, Lyons Magnus
The NRA also electedSusan Senecal, chief marketing officer, A&W Food Services of Canada to serve as its international ambassador.
The newly elected NRAEF trustees include the following individuals:
- Bob Ashby, president and owner, Ashby Hospitality Group
- Stephanie Chadwick, vice president and general manager, American Express
- Emily Williams Knight, president, Kendall College