The National Restaurant Association's Military Foundation recognizes foodservice professionals from the Air Force, Air National Guard, Marine Corps and Navy.
The National Restaurant Association Military Foundation (NRAMF) announced the 2014 award winners for excellence in military foodservice at operations worldwide. Awards were given to service members and military establishments of the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Air National Guard, the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Navy.
U.S. Marine Corps
Major General W.P.T. Hill Memorial Awards for Foodservice Excellence:
- Best Military/Contractor: Garrison Mess Hall Mess Hall 1223, 3rd MLG, Camp Kinser Marine Corps Base S.D. Butler , Okinawa, Japan
- Best Full Food Service Contacted: Garrison Mess Hall Mess Hall 1880,Marine Air Ground Task Force Training Command Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center , Twenty Nine Palms, Calif.
- Best ACTIVE Field Mess: Combat Logistics Regiment 17, 1st Marine Logistics Group I Marine Expeditionary Force , Camp Pendleton, Calif.
- Best RESERVE Field Mess: 25th Marine Regiment 4th Maine Division, Fort Devens, Mass.
U.S. Air Force
Best in Air Force Food Transformation:
- Patrick Air Force Base, Air Force Space Command, 45th Support Squadron, Cocoa Beach, Fla.
John L. Hennessy Awards for Excellence in Air Force Food Service Operations
- Offutt Air Force Base, Air Command, 55th Force Support Squadron, Omaha, Neb,
- Edwards Air Force Base, Air Force Material Command, 412th Force Support Squadron, Edwards AFB, Calif.
U.S. Air National Guard
Senior Master Sergeant Kenneth W. Disney Food Service Award
- 185th Air Refueling Wing, Sioux City, Iowa
John L. Hennessy Award for Excellence in Food Service
- SrA Audrey Manis 134 FSS, McGhee Tyson, ANGB, Tenn.
- A1C Amanda Gill 1855 FSS, Sioux City, Iowa
- AMN Ashlee Barkeloo 182 FSS, Peoria, Ill.
Captain Edward F. Ney Memorial Awards
- Aircraft Carrier: USS GEORGE H. W. BUSH (CVN 77)
- Large Afloat: USS MAKIN ISLAND (LHD 8)
- Medium Afloat: USS JOHN PAUL JONES (DDG 53)
- Small Afloat: USS RENTZ (FFG 46)
- Submarine: USS CITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI (705)
- Small Ashore: NAVAL AIR STATION POINT MUGU
- Large Ashore: NAVAL BASE KITSAP
The NRAMF awards program grew from the Association's decades-long partnership with the Hennessy Trophy Awards program. Established in 1957, the program honors the dedication, pride and fellowship of Air Force foodservice personnel. The Association expanded the program in 2008 with the sponsorship of the Marine Corps' Hill Award and the Navy's Captain Edward F. Ney Memorial Award.
NRA board members travel each winter to Air Force, Air National Guard, Naval and Marine Corps bases to evaluate food service operations. Other prestigious members of the traveling teams also include representatives of the International Food Service Executives Association and Society for Foodservice Management.