Award to be presented at Dealer of the Year Gala.
Foodservice Equipment and Supplies has named FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar at Radisson Blu, Mall of America, Bloomington, Minn., its 2014 Facility Design Project of the Year. FE&S will recognize the design team for this project during its 2014 Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala, which takes place May 17 at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
FE&S also announced that the Durrell Dining Center and Durrell Express at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colo. earned recognition as first honorable mention from the judges. In addition, the Culinary and Conference Center at Ivy Tech Community College in Indianapolis, Ind. earned special recognition from the judges.
“FireLake does a wonderful job of marrying form and function to create a foodservice operation that makes the most effective and efficient use of labor and space,” said FE&S Editor Joe Carbonara. "The net result is a wonderful dining experience for guests in a facility that provides a good return on the owner's investment.”
Here are some of the key players from the FireLake design team:
- General Manager of FireLake Mall of America: Jay Rankin
- Executive Chef: Paul Lynch
- Banquet Manager: Alan Plante
- Architects: Elness Swenson Graham Architects
- Interior Designers: Gaven Images, Glasgow’s Merchant City, Scotland, UK; Jim Hamilton, creative director
- Consultants, Foodservice Design: Robert Rippe & Associates, Minnetonka, Minn.; Steve Carlson, FCSI, LEED AP, president; Mike Wrase, senior project manager; Trish Jass, senior equipment specialist; and Shelby Wurscher, project coordinator
- Equipment Dealer: The Boelter Companies, Milwaukee; Rick Grabinger, contract design specialist
- Lighting Designer: Schuler Shook
- General Contractor: Mortenson Construction, Minneapolis office
- Structural Engineers: Meyer Borgman Johnson
- Services Engineers: Mechanical Design: Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors
- Electrical Design: Parsons Electric
FE&S is able to present its 2014 Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala thanks to the generous support of its three platinum sponsors: Manitowoc Foodservice, True and Unified Brands.
FE&S' Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards gala recognizes the foodservice community's brightest stars by presenting them with some of the industry's most time-honored awards. Held each year on the Saturday of the National Restaurant Association's trade show in Chicago, this event brings together the best of the best to celebrate the ongoing success of the foodservice industry.