Association recognizes a series of foodservice professionals for their commitment to the industry.
The Commercial Food Equipment Service Association recognized the accomplishments of nine members of the foodservice industry with seven awards.
CFESA presented the following awards:
- Dedication to Training: Paul Toukatly of Duffy's Equipment Services and John Schwindt of Hawkins Commercial
- Outreach and Community Service: Patrick Duffy of Duffy's Equipment Services and Tony Rapanotti, AR Repairs Baker's Kneads Inc.
- Most Engaged/Active Member: Bruce Hodge, General Parts
- Outstanding Support from Allied Association/Press/Industry Partners: Joe Carbonara, FE&S
- Outstanding Customer Service/Technician: Dan Poulin, Pinetree
In addition, CFESA announced the creation of two new awards named after a pair of longtime supporters who have had a positive impact on the association.
Mike Buelow of the Manitowoc Foodservice Group received the Elwood Hawkins Memorial Award, which will be given to a non-voting member of CFESA who has proven to be a promoter and advocate of the association.
Also, in honor of his many years of support to the association, CFESA presented the inaugural Ron Arrington Award to its namesake, Ron Arrington of Vulcan. The award honors foodservice professionals for their support of educational opportunities, training, and professionalism of CFESA members. Winners of this award also advance the understanding, goodwill, and communication within the foodservice industry and in doing so earn the respect and admiration of the CFESA community.