Microsoft's Freeman becomes president of SFM.
The Society for Foodservice Management (SFM), announced its 2013 Board of Directors. In doing so, SFM named Mark Freeman, senior manager of global employee Services at Microsoft, its new president.
New officers of the SFM Board of Directors include:
- President Elect: Sabrina Capannola, senior manager, The World Bank
- Treasurer: Tony Kaszuba, president, Restaurant Marketing Associates
- SFM Foundation Chair: Matt Merson, director of national accounts, ZICO Beverages LLC
- Senior Associate: Sumi DeBenedittis, senior communications manager, PepsiCo Foodservice
- Immediate Past President: Barbara Kane, vice president, industry relations, Ecolab, Inc.
New and returning directors of the SFM Board of Directors also include:
- Steve Follett, president, Follett Corporation
- Jay Leyden, executive vice president – growth, ARAMARK Business Dining
- Victoria Vega, national director business development, corporate dining, CulinArt, Inc.
- Bernadette Ventura, manager, food services, corporate real estate, Health Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company