Often used by institutional feeders, conveyor washers allow operators to efficiently clean large amounts of dishes over long periods of time. Below are some tips to keeping a conveyor-style warewasher running properly.
- Empty the unit’s scrap baskets at least once a day, and more often depending on how long the unit runs. When emptying, don’t strike the basket against a solid object, though. Doing so can cause the basket to break.
- Clean the curtains daily. If they are not cleaned regularly, you’re inviting mold and mildew.
- Flush the spray arms with hot water regularly, following your manufacturer’s guidelines. Keep an eye out for mineral deposits on the arms and nozzels.
- As with all water-using equipment, the machine’s interior should be de-limed on a regular basis.
- Keep an eye out for leaks. A small leak can end up costing operators plenty of money in water and drainage bills and can lead to more serious breakdowns.