Published on Tuesday, 09 June 2015
Written by The Editors
Thomas Macrina, CEC, CCA, AAC, re-elected president.
The American Culinary Federation announced the results of its national officer election for the organization’s 2015-2017 term. The new officers will begin serving their two-year terms in August.
The following ACF members were elected to serve as national officers:
- President: Thomas “Tom” Macrina, CEC, CCA, AAC, product specialist manager/Food Fanatic, US Foods, Philadelphia.
- Secretary: Kyle Richardson, CEC, CCE, AAC, culinary arts professor, Joliet Junior College, Joliet, Illinois.
- Treasurer: William J. Tillinghast, CEC, AAC, MBA, director of culinary/pastry programs, The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Philadelphia, Philadelphia.
- Vice President, Central Region: Brian Hardy, CEC, CCA, AAC, executive chef, The Gatesworth, St. Louis.
- Vice President, Northeast Region: George O’Palenick, CEC, CCE, AAC, associate professor, Johnson & Wales University, Providence, Rhode, Island.
- Vice President, Southeast Region: Michael Deihl, CEC, CCA, AAC, executive chef/culinary director, The Michael Deihl Group, Atlanta.
- Vice President, Western Region: Carlton Brooks, CEPC, CCE, educator, East Valley Institute of Technology, Mesa, Arizona.
Michael Ty, CEC, AAC, chef/owner, Hospitality Culinaire, Inc., Las Vegas, will continue to serve on the board as immediate past president. The 2015-2017 chair of the American Academy of Chefs, ACF’s honor society for chefs, will also serve on the national board. That position is determined in a separate election.