New leaders for the association and educational foundation introduced.
The National Restaurant Association (NRA) and the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) announced today the election of officers to its Board of Directors and Board of Trustees, respectively. The officers began their one-year terms on January 1, 2014.
The NRA's 2014 officers are:
- Chair: Marshall L. "Ken" Conrad, chairman of Libby Hill Seafood Restaurants
- Vice Chair: Jack Crawford, president and CEO of the Ground Round Independent Owners Cooperative
- Treasurer: Joseph J. Kadow, executive vice president, chief legal officer and a member of the executive leadership team at Bloomin' Brands, Inc.
The NRAEF's 2014 officers are:
- Chair: Michael Gibbons, president and CEO of Mainstreet Ventures Inc.
- Vice Chair: Michael A. Hickey, executive vice president and president of Global Institutional for Ecolab
- Treasurer: Lorna C. Donatone, chief operating officer and president of Sodexo Education
In addition, the following NRA members were elected to the association's board of directors:
- Susan Adzick, vice president of sales and marketing, McLane Foodservice Inc.
- Scott Carlson, owner and managing partner of Court Avenue Restaurant & Brewing Company and owner of Americana Restaurant
- Atour Eyvazian, franchise owner/managing partner of JIB Management, Inc. dba Jack in the Box in Houston
- Jeff Lobdel, president of Restaurant Partners Inc. in Grand Rapids, Mi.
- Scott Redler, COO and co-founder of Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
- Tim Ryan, president of The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, N.Y.
- Bahjat Shariff, SVP of operations/operating partner at Howley Bread Group dba Panera Bread in Cumberland, R.I.