Six healthcare foodservice professionals earn recognition.
The Association for Healthcare Foodservice announced the winners of its 2015 awards program. These six association-nominated individuals have shown “great leadership and achievement in the healthcare foodservice industry,” according to AHF.
The 2015 AHF award winners include:
- Benchmarking Award of Excellence: Margaret Kipe, director, nutrition services, Reading Hospital, West Reading, Pa.
- Exemplary Leadership Award: Tony Almeida, director, food and nutrition, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, N.J.
- Future Horizons Award: Timothy Gee, CEC, executive chef, Robert Wood Johnson University, New Brunswick, N.J.
- Partnership in Leadership Award: Deedra Hoffart, director of nutrition, Avista Adventist Hospital, Louisville, Colo.
- Spotlight Award: Michael Atanasio, manager, food and nutrition and patient transportation, Overlook Medical Center, Springfield, N.J. and Ami Bhow, assistant director, patient food service, UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
AHF will present these awards as well as the Presidential Special Service Awards, during its annual conference in Salt Lake City, Utah. AHF will also announce the winners of two additional awards, the Lifetime Achievement Award and the Making a Difference Award during the conference.