Award to be presented at Dealer of the Year Gala.
Foodservice Equipment and Supplies named Beatrix in Chicago its 2015 Facility Design Project of the Year. FE&S will recognize the design team for this project during its 2015 Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala, which takes place May 16 at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
FE&S also announced the judges recognized Manna Restaurant at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital in Castle Rock, Colo. with a First Honorable Mention award. Two other projects - Brasserie Zentral in Minneapolis and The Restaurants at Indiana University’s Woodland in Bloomington – earned Honorable Mentions from the judges.
Here are some of the key players from the Beatrix design team:
- Owner: Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises
- Founder and Chairman, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises: Richard Melman
- Executive Vice President and Partner: Marc Jacobs (also managing partner of Antico Posto, Foodease, Foodlife, L. Woods and Mity Nice Grill)
- Beatrix Chefs: Amanda Reaves, sous chef; Yasmin Gutierrez, pastry chef
- Chef Partners for Beatrix: Susan Weaver, Rita Dever and John Chiakulas
- Architect of Record: G2 Design Group, Chicago
- Interior Designer: Internal design team in coordination with Simeone Deary Design Group, Chicago; Lisa Simeone, owner
- Kitchen Designer: Equipment Dynamics Inc., Chicago; Beth Kuczera, president
- Construction: Kern Konstruction, Tinley Park, Ill.
FE&S is able to present its 2015 Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala thanks to the generous support of its three platinum sponsors: Manitowoc Foodservice, True and Unified Brands.
FE&S’ Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards gala recognizes the foodservice community's brightest stars by presenting them with some of the industry's most time-honored awards. Held each year on the Saturday of the National Restaurant Association's trade show in Chicago, this event brings together the best of the best to celebrate the on-going success of the foodservice industry.