The Commercial Food Equipment Service Association (CFESA) offers the following technical tips to allow foodservice operators and their supply chain partners to troubleshoot and repair simple problems involving steamers.
- Check filtration system is clear
- Check door gaskets and latches for tight fit
- Check that water is running out of drain at all times if applicable
- Check that timer turns on and off properly
- Drain broiler, or reservoir after each day's use to prevent scale buildup
- Clean with soapy water only
- Delime as directed by manufacturer's directions and water conditions and change anodes with each delime
- Check for leaks on a quarterly basis
Additional tips are available at www.cfesa.com.
These tips are not intended for major repairs, please contact a CFESA trained technician if the problem cannot be corrected.