Foodservice Equipment & Supplies named Ohio University’s Jefferson Marketplace the recipient of its 2019 Facility Design Project of the Year Award.
FE&S will recognize the Jefferson Marketplace design team for its efforts during the magazine’s 2019 Dealer of the Year and All Industry Awards Gala, which will take place May 18 at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
In addition, FE&S’ judges recognized the efforts of the team from the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab in Chicago with an honorable mention in this year’s competition.
Key members of Ohio University’s Jefferson Marketplace project team include:
- ·Owner:Ohio University Culinary Services
- ·Associate Vice President Auxiliaries: Gwyn Scott
- ·Director of Culinary Services/Assistant Professor: Rich Neumann, MS, FMP
- ·Associate Director, Auxiliaries Operations, Culinary Services:Kent Scott, FMP
- ·General Manager, Jefferson Marketplace: Don Jackson
- ·Production Manager:Sally Smathers
- ·Assistant Director Auxiliaries Marketing and Communications:Mark Brunton
- ·Architect: AECOM, Columbus, Ohio: Mike Russell, AIA, LEED AP, vice president, architecture; and Chris Shrodes, AIA, senior project manager, portfolio delivery leader buildings + places
- ·Interior Designer: Hanbury Evan Wright Vlattas + Company, Norfolk, Va.: Matthew Lee; and Ohio University Auxiliaries Marketing and Communications team (branding and marketing); and Ricca Design Studios, Chelle Maestas
- ·Foodservice Consultants: Ricca Design Studios, Greenwood Village, Colo.: Leonard D. Condenzio, FCSI, CEO; Phillip Landgraf, principal, Charlotte, N.C.; and Kerri Ingraham, project director, Boston
- ·Equipment Dealer: TriMark SS Kemp, Cleveland; Thomas Brannon and Roland Loney Jr.
- ·Construction: Corna Kokosing Construction Co.and Elford Inc. (CKE), Columbus, Ohio
“This facility combines both a foodservice operation and a marketplace under one umbrella. The two features blend well together to address a variety of trends shaping today’s foodservice industry,” said Joseph Carbonara, FE&S’ editorial director.
The 2019 Facility Design Project of the Year Award was selected by a panel of judges including: Bill Davis of Edward Don & Company, Beth Kuczera of Equipment Dynamics Inc., Scott Reitano of the Reitano Design Group and Kristin Sedej of S2O Consultants.
FE&S’ Dealer of the Year and All Industry Awards Gala recognizes the foodservice community’s brightest stars by presenting them with some of the industry’s most time-honored awards. Held each year on the Saturday of the National Restaurant Association’s trade show in Chicago, this event brings together the best of the best to celebrate the ongoing success of the foodservice industry.
FE&S is able to present its 2019 Dealer of the Year and All Industry Awards Gala thanks to the generous support of its three platinum sponsors: True Refrigeration, Welbilt and this year, for the first time, Ali Group.