The novel coronavirus continues to cause numerous industry groups to reschedule or cancel upcoming events. FE&S will continue to update this list as more information becomes available. This list was updated March 27.
- The Commercial Food Equipment Service Association (CFESA) postponed its CFESA Region 4 meeting that was set for April 3. The group has not set a new date at this time.
- Excell Foodservice Equipment Dealer Network’s Annual Conference was cancelled. At one point, the event was changed to a virtual event with condensed dates of March 31-April 3 but that has since been postponed as well.
- Foodservice Consultants Society International (FCSI) has rescheduled its Camp FCSI biennial conference. The new dates are Aug. 24-26 at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort in Austin, Texas.
- The Foodservice Equipment Distributors Association (FEDA) conference moved to September 22-25 in San Diego.
- The James Beard Foundation has pushed back its annual James Beard Awards until summer 2020. Specific dates were not released. This includes postponement of both the April 24 James Beard Media Awards and the May 4 Restaurant & Chef Awards. As of now, the nominee announcement on March 25 will continue as scheduled from Philadelphia.
- IFMA pushed its Silver Plate Awards to Nov. 2 in Scottsdale, Ariz., from May 16 in Chicago. At least for this year, the event will take place in conjunction with IFMA’s Presidents Conference.
- The International Pizza Expo has cancelled its 2020 show. The dates for the 2021 show will be posted in the coming weeks.
- National Association of College and University Foodservice’s Southern Regional Conference, March 16-18 in Houston, was cancelled. No further information provided about a new date.
- The National Restaurant Association Show 2020 has been cancelled. It was scheduled for May 16-19 in Chicago.
- Night Club and Bar Show moved to June 22 – 24 from March 30 – April 1. Still in Las Vegas.
- PRIDE Centric Resources has postponed its spring confererence. No new time has been announced to date.
- The School Nutrition Association's (SNA) National Leadership Conference, which was scheduled for April 30-May 2, has been cancelled.
- SEFA, a dealer-based foodservice equipment and supplies buying group, postponed its annual Partnership Conference, originally scheduled for April 25 – 30 in Texas. No new dates have been released as of yet.
- SHFM postponed its Critical Issues Conference (April 23) in New York. The new date for the Critical Issues Conference is Thurs., July 23, in New York City, still at the Meredith Conference Center. SHFM also cancelled its NRA Networking Breakfast following news of the NRA Show cancellation.
- Women’s Foodservice Forum has cancelled its Leadership Conference, which was set for March 29-April 1.
Click here for a complete list of industry events.