Published on Wednesday, 01 February 2017
Written by The Editors
Here, George Loredo, service manager at PROTEX Restaurant Services Inc. in Corpus Christi, Texas, details the necessary cleaning and maintenance tasks for proofers.
Remove and clean the heated hot water pans daily.
- Clean the control’s louvered vents and electronic controller cooling fans, removing the lint and dust buildup. This should happen every six months or at the time of service.
- Remove mineral buildup from hot water pans once
- Remove tray guides and humidifier pans before wiping down the interior. When cleaning the interior, use mild soap and water.
- Soap and water should be used to wipe down the exterior and then polish it with stainless steel cleaner.
- Allow glass and polycarbonate doors to cool before using sponges or soft cloths to wipe them clean. Avoid using abrasive materials and harsh chemicals.
- Once a month, clean water pans with a solution of hot water and vinegar. The solution should remain in the pan overnight then rinsed and wiped clean of mineral buildup.