Published on Tuesday, 12 July 2011
Written by The Editors
Here are a few ways to troubleshoot any performance issues with a convection oven.
The Commercial Food Equipment Service Association (CFESA) offers the following technical tipsto allow foodservice operators and their supply chain partners to troubleshoot and repair simple problems involving convection ovens.
- Do not overload the oven
- Check that the snorkel tube is not blocked
- Inspect blower wheel for any obstructions
- Check door openings and closing for proper alignment and seal
- Check that temperature is within 15 degrees F of 350
- Do not use scouring powder/pad on glass
- Clean door gaskets and oven interior daily using warm soapy water
Additional tips are available at www.cfesa.com.
These tips are not intended for major repairs, please contact a CFESA trained technician if the problem cannot be corrected.
Do you follow FE&S on Facebook or Twitter?
Get the latest foodservice equipment and supplies news delivered directly via your preferred platform.