Published on Friday, 08 April 2016
Written by The Editors
Often used by institutional feeders, conveyor washers allow operators to efficiently clean large amounts of dishes over long periods of time. Below are some tips to keeping a conveyor-style warewasher running properly.
- Empty the unit’s scrap baskets at least once a day, and more often depending on how long the unit runs. When emptying, don’t strike the basket against a solid object, though. Doing so can cause the basket to break.
- Clean the curtains daily. If they are not cleaned regularly, you’re inviting mold and mildew.
- Flush the spray arms with hot water regularly, following your manufacturer’s guidelines. Keep an eye out for mineral deposits on the arms and nozzels.
- As with all water-using equipment, the machine’s interior should be de-limed on a regular basis.
- Keep an eye out for leaks. A small leak can end up costing operators plenty of money in water and drainage bills and can lead to more serious breakdowns.