Published on Wednesday, 16 March 2016
Written by The Editors
Minnesota beer hall and restaurant earns top honors from the FE&S judges.
Foodservice Equipment & Supplies named the Beer Hall, Beer Garden, Brewer’s Table and Scheid Hall at Surly Brewery MSP in Minneapolis–St. Paul its 2016 Facility Design Project of the Year. FE&S will recognize the design team for this project during its 2016 Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala, which takes place May 21 at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
FE&S also announced the judges recognized Wexner Medical Center at Ohio State Universityin Columbus, Ohio, and the Blue Wall Café at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst with Honorable Mentions.
Here are some of the key players from the Surly design team:
- Owner: Surly Brewing Company; Omar and Rebecca Ansari, Pants Optional LLC
- Brewing Operations Director: Todd Haug
- Hospitality Operations Director: Linda Haug
- Executive Chef: Jorge Guzman
- Chef de Cuisine Beer Hall: Michael Gregoire
- Chef de Cuisine Events: Ben Peine
- Chef de Cuisine Brewer's Table: Dustin Thompson
- Engineers, Minneapolis, Minn.; Mia Blanchett, AIA, principal in charge; Steven Dwyer, AIA, project lead designer; John Cook, FAIA, senior project architect; Rob Good, AIA, project architect
- Interior Design: HGA Architects and Engineers, Minneapolis, Minn.; Paula Storsteen, IIDA, LEED AP, senior interior designer in the Interior Architecture and Design Group
- Landscape Architect: HGA Architects and Engineers
- Foodservice Design Consultants: Robert Rippe & Associates, Minneapolis; Steve Carlson, FCSI, LEED AP, president; Michael Wrase, senior project manager; Trish Jass, senior equipment specialist; Shelby Wurscher, project coordinator
- Equipment Dealer: Hockenbergs, Eagan, Minn., Troy Jacobsen
- Owner's Representative: Tegra Group, Minneapolis; Paul Koerber
- General Contractor: McGough Construction, St. Paul, Minn.
FE&S is able to present its 2016 Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala thanks to the generous support of its three platinum sponsors: Manitowoc Foodservice, True and Unified Brands.
FE&S’ Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards gala recognizes the foodservice community's brightest stars by presenting them with some of the industry's most time-honored awards. Held each year on the Saturday of the National Restaurant Association's trade show in Chicago, this event brings together the best of the best to celebrate the on-going success of the foodservice industry.
- FED Talks…
It is time once again to begin the process of identifying the win...