Published on Tuesday, 28 April 2015
Written by The Editors
Five competing teams will demonstrate their culinary talent and creativity.
The Association for Healthcare Foodservice announced the finalists for the organization’s 2015 Culinary Competition.
The following teams will compete in the competition:
- Cuyuna Regional Medical Center & Heartwood Senior Living Community, Crosby, Minn.; Alan Hudalla, culinary director and Noah Sharpe-Stirewalt, cook; Lime-Coconut Water Poached Crispy-Skinned Barramundi with Edamame-Wasabi Whipped Potatoes, Carrot Ginger Reduction and Arugula Greens
- Swan Creek Retirement Village, Toledo, Ohio; Patrick Young, director of culinary and nutritional services and Stacy Chesney, chef production manager; Pan Smoked Duck Breast with German Potato Spaetzel Salad and Wilted Swiss Chard
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, Dallas; Adam Schloemer, CC, food production supervisor and Clayton Bell, cook III; Potato Crusted Salmon with Lite Dill Cream, Vegetable Medley and Potato Beet Gnocchi
- Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia; Jeffery Klova, executive chef and Jacob Wynn, first cook; Potato Salmon Tempura Rolls with Lima Bean Ragout, Ponzu Sauce
- Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio; Mike Folino, RD, LD, assistant director of nutrition services and Ryan Berlin, sous chef; Sea Bass Roulade filled with Beet Mousline, Jack O’s Braised Short Ribs all served with Brussel Slaw, Pickled Beets and Potato Fritter
AHF’s 2015 Culinary Competition will take place June 3 in conjunction with its annual conference in Salt Lake City, Utah. The winning dish must fit within the stated nutritional guidelines — cost less than $8 to produce and be appropriate to serve in a facility on regular menu rotation, whether retail, catering or patient feeding. These teams and their dishes will be judged on organization, culinary skills, taste and presentation. The top three winners will be awarded prizes and medals.