Seven women recognized at twelfth annual awards gala
Women Chefs & Restaurateurs (WCR) honored women who have demonstrated excellence in the culinary and hospitality industries at its 12th Annual Women Who Inspire gala.
WCR's 2011 Women Who Inspire Award recipients are:
• Barbara Lynch, chef/owner Barbara Lynch Gruppo, was awarded the Barbara Tropp President's Award.
• Ann Cooper, director of nutrition services for Boulder Valley School District, received the Community Service Award.
• JoAnne Cloughly, associate professor, culinary arts for State University of New York, was recognized with the Educator of the Year award.
• Judy Mattera, chef/owner of Sweet Solutions, received the Golden Bowl Award.
• Cynthia Gold, tea sommelier for Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers was awarded the Golden Goblet Service Award.
• Kerry Leigh Heffernan, executive chef of Aidells Sausage Company, received the Golden Plow Award.
• Lydia Shire, owner of Scampo and chef/co-owner of Locke-Ober, received the Golden Whisk Award.