Published on Monday, 26 September 2011
Written by The Editors
YUM! CEO Novak is part of the educational lineup for the 2012 NRA Show.
The National Restaurant Association is accepting proposals for education sessions from individuals and organizations for its 2012 Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show, which takes place May 5-8 in Chicago's McCormick Place. The NRA also announced that David Novak, chairman and CEO of Yum! Brands, will speak on Monday, May 7.
Proposals for education sessions may be submitted online at www.restaurant.org/show/education and www.winespiritsbeer.org/education through November 25, 2011.
NRA Show 2012 education session proposals may be submitted in five categories:
- Jobs and careers, including employee recruitment and retention, staff training, employee management and motivation.
- Profitability and entrepreneurship, including cost control, research and insight, guest attraction and retention, and marketing.
- Food and healthy living, including menu innovation, food safety and traceability, nutrition and sourcing.
- Sustainability and social responsibility, including recycling standards, water conservation and energy savings.
- Technology, focusing on mobile marketing, POS systems, inventory management, guest entertainment and other electronic/online innovations.
Proposals should focus on current trends and solutions to help restaurant and foodservice operators succeed in the short term while positioning themselves for long-term growth, without highlighting specific products or services.