Published on Monday, 15 April 2013
Written by The Editors
The fast-food chain seeks to realign its executive team as its acquisition by the H.J. Heinz Company takes effect.
Burger King Worldwide (BKW) announced a series of changes to its executive leadership team, which includes new roles for executives Bernardo Hees and Daniel Schwartz.
Burger King's management changes include:
- Bernardo Hees will continue to serve as CEO until the completion of the acquisition of H.J. Heinz Company or July 1, 2013, at which point he will be appointed to the role of vice chairman, Board of Directors. He will continue to serve on BKW's Executive Committee as well. Upon completion of the acquisition, he will also assume the new role of CEO of H.J. Heinz Company.
- Daniel Schwartz was named promoted from CFO to COO. As of July 1, Schwartz will take on the role of CEO for BKW.
- Joshua Kobza was promoted from senior vice president, global finance to CFO.
- Steve Wiborg was promoted to chairman, North America, from executive vice president and president, North America.
- Alex Macedo will take on the role of president, North America, a promotion from senior vice president and general manager, United States. He has also served as senior vice president, North America marketing.
- Rodrigo Musielle was promoted to executive vice president, global operations.
- Jose Dias was named executive vice president, global development and president, Latin America and the Caribbean.