Health and wellness are a top priority among college foodservice directors and students, according to a survey of more than 60 college and university foodservice directors, dieticians and chefs and 200 college students across the nation conducted by Y-Pulse, a Chicago-based youth and food market research firm.
• 47 percent of students always or usually read nutrition labels
• 45 percent of students make healthy choices when they are easy to find
• 86 percent of wellness activities take place in the dining hall
Top three foodservice factors
important to students:
• Simple ingredient statements
• Companies known for ethical practices